Key leaders of Canada’s trucking industry have signed agreements in principle to partner in developing a new organization that will focus on the Human Resources needs of Canada’s trucking and logistics sectors.
The newly formed Trucking Human Resources Canada is supported in principle by the Canadian Trucking Alliance, the Private Motor Truck Council of Canada, Newcom Business Media, and Glacier Business Information Group.
“Trucking HR Canada will be a forum for gathering and exchanging ideas and information relating to Human Resources and best practices in training,” says Angela Splinter, executive director of the new organization. “As a national, partnership-based organization, we will collaborate to promote safe, secure, efficient and professional trucking and logistics.”
Trucking HR Canada will:
* identify the trucking and logistics industry’s Human Resources issues, trends, opportunities and challenges;
* support the recruitment and retention of Human Resources needed to meet industry demands;
* partner on initiatives which impact Human Resources;
* provide a national forum for gathering and sharing best practices, and;
* promote career opportunities and career paths in the trucking and logistics industry.
With the launch of the new organization, the Canadian Trucking Human Resources Council (CTHRC) will phase out operations early in 2013.